Robin Williams (1951 - 2014)
An avid fan of Evangelion (as well as Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, and Akira, among others), on the value of anime in the world of animation. A good guy, now he can fly. I’m not sure about having a silver sword that kills bad guys, nor being sixty feet tall, but a tremendous presence to be lost for sure. [x]
Personally, a long-time favorite actor of mine, giving mainstream credibility to anime. As somebody who has suffered from severe depression, and funneled into my work, I feel great sadness for the loss of a man who put on a face of happiness for his work, giving so much to the rest of the world, even when his heart was wrapped in sadness.
"This world is overflowing with with sorrow. Its people are drowning in emptiness and loneliness fills their hearts."
Rest in Peace - Your work and influence goes undying.
Now, let’s travel back to the wonderful time in the PBA when…
1) No one could stop the agile 6’9” Marlou Aquino in his prime
2) The Boybits Victoria to Kenneth Duremdes connection was well and alive
3) The best Paras dunker in the country was not named Kobe
4) Jun Limpot had the magical shot-making ability of a guard
Young Coach Chot likes it!
5) Noli Locsin proved that tanks could fly
6) Bal David made miracle shots
7) The Bull, Nelson Asaytono, had dreams of being Michael Jordan
8) …and could make a shot after sitting on Nic Belasco
You enjoy that moment, big guy!
9) Jaworski still had his passing magic
10) Dodot did his best to emulate his dad
12) The Skyscraper was so good he could make baskets with his back turned
13) Nobody could stop Alvin Patrimonio whenever he decides he wants a basket
Here’s The Captain showing some bravado
14) Noli Locsin did Tony Parker’s moves before there was even a Tony Parker
15) Fancy passing led to fancy dunking
16) A Johnny A bounce pass was a thing of wonder
18) Again: Patrimonio is a bully inside
19) Abarrientos routinely reminded us of a Pinoy Tim Hardaway
20) We just couldn’t get enough of Noli’s hangtime. Take some notes down, Beau Belga!
21) Andy Seigle could abuse the rim whenever he wanted to
22) Abarrientos drew interest from the NBA. WHATAMOVE!
23) Olsen Racela wasn’t so bad either!
24) Nic Belasco could jump with the best of them
25) Bong Ravena had an early version of the hop step
26) Daring to go into the paint against Ginebra/Gordon was painful